You can now pick up a copy of the Übung tape from All City Dublin.
Really like this video.
Our friends at Loud Mouth celebrate their 3rd bday in The Twisted Pepper on Friday. The artist formerly known as Replacah aka Sher Idan is on warm duty and Mangetout is doin a live set. Check it out if you’re in Dublin.
This Mixtape Vol. 2 features minimal synth music exclusively from Canada. Electronic and synthesizer-based music might not necessarily be the first thing that comes to mind when one thinks about Canada’s most noteworthy contributions to the evolution of music but its contributions are substantial.
Nearly all of the recording artists featured on this mix worked in obscurity, self-releasing their recordings with no label support. Working as truly independent artists, many were forced to handle the pressing, art and distribution of their music. Some were lucky and got the support of a small label. All of the artists on this mix were at least slightly ahead of their time.
Thanks to the connectivity and access to information provided by Internet, several of these recordings have been rediscovered and given new life by record labels around the world. Thanks to their efforts the artists are finally seeing a glimmer of some long-overdue recognition.
This mix compiles some of our favourite electronic-based compositions from the Analog era. All of them were made in Canada. We humbly make it available here for download in the hopes that it shines some light on these artists’ efforts and Canada’s contribution to electronic music. Enjoy.
Tracklist:1. Hugh Le Caine - Music for Expo  (JWD Music, 1985)
2. Rational Youth - City of Night (Yul Records, 1982)
3. Bobby and Synthia - Video Violence (Modular Music, 1983)
4. Ohama - Where Do You Call Home? (Ohama Records, 1984)
5. Station Twang - Time Gun (Modern Music, 1985)
6. Lou Champagne System - Silent Walking (Pterodactyl Records, 1984)
7. Clive Robertson - Hegemony (Voicespondence, 1981)
8. Rough Trade - Crimes of Passion (True North Records, 1982)
9. Psyche - The Brain Collapses (World Records, 1985)
10. Hugh Le Caine - Nocturne  (JWD Music, 1985)
11. Ceramic Hello - Symphony of Shudders  (Suction Records, 2012)
12. Nash the Slash - Swing Shift (Soixante-Neuf) (Cut Throat Records, 1980)
13. Claude Denjean - Nights In White Satin (London Records, 1970)
cool mix/idea by thismixtapes